Database Management System Tutorials
Database Management System is what we are going to learn in this series of tutorials.
Data is generally a collection of one-of-a-kind small bits of information. Text, numbers, media, bytes, and other types of data can all be useful to create it.
Database Management System Articles
- Database Management System – DBMS (studygyaan.com). A database basically is a collection of data that has been organized in such a way that it can be accessed and controlled easily.
- Introduction to DBMS Architecture – DBMS (studygyaan.com). Depending on its architecture, a DBMS can be centralized, decentralized, or hierarchical.
- Types of Databases – DBMS (studygyaan.com). In this tutorial, we are going to learn about types of databases in use, small introduction of them, their properties and examples.
- Data Models – DBMS – StudyGyaan. A data model is a set of tools to summarize the database‘s description. The modeling of the data description, data semantics, and data consistency constraints is basically a data model.
- Entity Relationship Model in DBMS – DBMS (studygyaan.com). Entity Relationship model (ER model) is a high-level data model. This model is useful to specify the data items and relationships for a specific system.
- What is Generalization, Specialization and Aggregation in ER Model – StudyGyaan. Generalization, Specialization and Aggregation are data abstraction mechanisms in the ER model. They are generally useful to hide specifics of a set of objects.
- Relational Model in DBMS – DBMS (studygyaan.com). E.F. Codd proposed the Relational Model to model data in the form of relations or tables.
- Functional dependency in DBMS – StudyGyaan. Functional dependencies basically are relationship between two qualities. Within a table, it is often present between the primary key and a non-key property.
- Normalization in DBMS – DBMS (studygyaan.com). Normalization in DBMS is a strategy for designing the schema of a database by altering the existing schema, which also eliminates data redundancy and reliance.
- Concurrency Control in DBMS – DBMS (studygyaan.com). Concurrency Control is basically concerned with the interleaved execution of several transactions.
- Indexing in DBMS – DBMS (studygyaan.com) Indexing is a technique for improving database efficiency by reducing the number of disk accesses necessary while a query is completed.